Mazatlan Things To Do
Mazatlan Things to DO
Things to Do in Mazatlan Mexico
There are plenty of things to do in Mazatlan, Mexico. Whether you’re looking for adult entertainment or fun for the whole family, the question you’ll be asking yourself during your vacation isn’t what can we do, but what will we do next?
With that in mind, the following is a list of some of the many exciting and popular water and land-related activities and attractions that can be enjoyed in Mazatlan:
- Sport Fishing – Mazatlan is located at the Sea of Cortez and the Pacific Ocean and is not only fortunate to have a gorgeous climate, but also the perfect waters for attracting some of the most extraordinary fish in the world, including dorado, sailfish, marlin, swordfish, yellow fin tuna, gold fish, shark, and wahoo among many others. Sport fishing is one of the biggest attractions for both tourists and locals alike.
- Snorkeling and Scuba Diving – There are plenty of places to snorkel in Mazatlan where you can see the magical underwater world that exists beneath its verdant waters. However, if you want to explore beyond just below the surface of the water, there are also deep sea diving tours that you can experience.
- Bodyboarding and Surfing – Feel like catching a wave on the Pacific coast? There are plenty of beaches where you can make your dream come true, with Olas Atlas beach being one of the most popular surfing destinations in Mazatlan.
- Water Sports – parasailing, sea kayaking, hobie cats, wave runner and jet skiing, water skiing, and banana boat rides are some great ways to have fun in the water.
Other great water activities include – but are not necessarily limited to:
- Boat tours
- Sunset cruises
- Whale watching
- Old Mazatlan – this is a unique part of the city that is home to shopping, markets, and plenty of historical architecture and sites, such as the Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception, Machado Square, the Art Museum, and the Angela Peralta Theater to name a few of the must-see spots.
- Mazatlan Aquarium – the largest aquarium in Mexico, Mazatlan Aquarium is home to a myriad of fascinating sea life and also features a Botanic Garden. This is a fun activity for the whole family or for any visitors who want to appreciate the underwater world on land.
- Natural Attractions – travelers looking for a little less activity but would like to relax and take in some beautiful sites of Mazatlan will enjoy Stone Island, where lush flora, mangrove trees and a diverse number of marine bird species can be viewed in this ecological paradise. Another great escape is Mazatlan’s 19t century lighthouse, which is one the world’s tallest natural lighthouses and is ideal for watching breathtaking sunsets and enjoying walking tours.
- Outdoor activities and sports – biking (mountain biking and road cycling), hiking, horseback riding, golf, canopy, hunting and shooting, etc. are all offered throughout various areas of the city.
Other fun land experiences include – but are certainly not restricted to:
- ATV Tours
Although you will find that there are a variety of ways for you to discover the many activities and attractions you can enjoy in Mazatlan during your visit, if you want to be able to experience as much as you can throughout your stay in this charming Mexican city, you should learn everything you can about the specific activities that interest you prior to your visit. This includes all of the important aspects related to the things you want to do (i.e. cost, location, hours of operation, equipment rental, etc.). By learning this information before you go, you will help ensure you spend more time doing the things you want to do on your vacation and avoid wasting time planning excursions when you’re already there.